Canada is known for its welcoming nature for migrants, though it could be tough to obtain a Canadian visa.
Below is what you must know before applying for a visa from the Canadian authorities: Depending on your country, you may need to know the requirements for applying for a Canadian visa if you have to visit Canada.
The type of Canadian visa you want to apply for depends on the reason and duration of your visit. For instance, if you have to go to Canada for education, you would need a Canadian study visa. You will need to apply for a work permit if you want to go for work purposes.
The Requirements for Applying for Canadian Visa in 2022
There are four general types of visas in Canada:
- Canadian Study visa (permit)
- Work visa (permit)
- Temporary Resident Visa
- Permanent Resident Travel Document.
Read Also: How to get a Work Permit in Canada
Canada Visa Processing Time After Biometrics 2022
How to Qualify for Canada Express Entry
1. Documentation requirements for Canadian study permit application
- An acceptance letter of evidence from a designated learning institute (DLI)
- A passport or a legal travel identification
- A piece of evidence that you have enough finance or funds for:
- Tuition fees
- Living costs for yourself and any other relatives that might be living with you in Canada
- Returning transportation for yourself and any relative that is with you in Canada
2. Canadian Work Permits (Visa)
If you’re a temporary employer, business person, scholar, or caregiver in the Caregiver Live-in Program, seek how to get a work visa to work in Canada.
Canadian work visa is not a visa for tourists or residents who plan to stay for a more extended period; it is strategized to make it easy for impermanent workers from other countries or nations to share their skills in Canada for a limited time.
3. Documentations for Canadian work permits (visa)
- Passport or authorized travel document
- Language examination result, education qualification assessment result, if you are applying via the Federal Skilled Workers program, or you have to get points for the education, you got outside Canada.
- Provincial nomination, if there’s any.
- Written job offer proof from an employer in Canada, if there’s any
- The evidence showing that you have a job type set out in NAFTA (for instance, accountant, computer systems analyst, or engineer)
- Police certificate and criminal record background
- Medical examinations or tests showing that you are healthy
- Proof of funds or finances for living costs and transportation
4. Temporary Canadian Visa
Suppose you plan to visit Canada for a short time. In that case, you may want to extend an already existing visit to Canada, make a tourist visit, or visit friends or relations, then seek a temporary Canadian visa.
Documentations for a temporary Canadian visa
- Children or minors traveling alone must have a letter of approval from a parent or guardian.
- Purpose of travel or visit
- Payment at the visa application office
- A copy of your passport or legal travel identification
- Two visa photographs that suit or fit the photo description with your name and date of birth written behind the photo
- Evidence of funds for your needs
- Photocopy of marriage license and certificate
- Photocopy of recent migration status (visas or passports for other nations)
5. Permanent Resident Travel Document
What are the requirements?
To apply for a PRTD, you need to:
- Have a prove of who you are;
- Proof of your permanent resident status; and
- Meet the residency condition set for a permanent resident.
What funds do You Need to Immigrate to Canada?
1. The Processing Fees
If you need to apply in the skilled worker category, it is $550 for the principal candidate, $550 for the spouse/partner, and $150 for a child under 22 years of age.
If you need to apply in the sponsorship/support category, the sponsor/support application is $75, and $475 will be charged to the sponsor or supporter.
In addition, if you plan to settle in Quebec in Canada, you should apply for a Certificat de Selection du Quebec (CSQ), which will cost $390 for the principal candidate. Also, it is $150 for the partner and each child.
The right of PR fee is $490 per individual for every landed Canadian migrant.
2. Miscellaneous Fees
You will need 1 passport before the application commence. Making that passport will cost you, and the cost varies nationwide.
3. The Settlement Fund
Be sure if you are going for the skilled worker type of visa. You must prove that you have enough money to support yourself and your family for the first few months.
For a person, it is around $12,669, and for a family of 5, it is roughly $26,701.
Obtaining a visa to live, work, or study in Canada may take a long or short while, so give yourself some time to research and prepare your papers in advance. Before making a plan to start applying for migration to Canada, you have to prepare one budget to know whether you can bear the expenses or not.