Australia is one of the most sought-after tourist destinations in the world. Australia is a paradise with its unique culture, stunning landscapes, and unique wildlife. You’ll need to apply for an Australian tourist visa if you’re looking to visit Australia. An Australian tourist visa will permit you to travel to Australia for a specific period, usually three months or less. Depending on your nationality, you may have to meet specific requirements to be eligible for an Australian tourist visa.
Once approved, you’ll be able to explore Australia and all it offers. Here in this article, you will find the details on how to apply for an Australian tourist visa.
How to Apply for an Australian Tourist visa
Types of Australia tourist visa:
1. Tourist Visa (Subclass 600): This visa is for people who want to visit Australia for holidays, recreation, or to see family and friends. It is valid for up to 12 months and allows you to stay in Australia for up to three months.
2. Business Visitor Visa (Subclass 600): This visa is for people who want to visit Australia for business-related activities, such as attending a conference, negotiating a business contract, or conducting an exploratory business visit. It is valid for up to 12 months.
3. Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) (Subclass 601): This Visa is known for people who want to visit Australia for tourism or business purposes. It is valid for up to 12 months and allows you to stay in Australia for up to three months.
4. Sponsored Family Visitor Visa (Subclass 651): This is a visa for people who an eligible family member sponsors to visit Australia. It is valid for up to 12 months and allows you to stay in Australia for up to three months.
5. Senior Visitor Visa (Subclass 651): The visa is for people over 75 who want to visit Australia to visit family and friends or just for a holiday. It is valid for up to 12 months and allows you to stay in Australia for up to three months.
8 Steps on how to apply for an Australian tourist Visa
1. Gather the necessary documents
Before you begin the online application process, you will need to gather the necessary documents to provide them as part of your application. These documents include a valid passport, a travel itinerary, proof of financial support, a criminal record check, and other documents required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
2. Create an ImmiAccount
Before starting your visa application, you must create an ImmiAccount on the Australian Department of Home Affairs website. This account will allow you to save your progress and pay the required visa fee.
3. Complete the online application form
Once you have created an ImmiAccount, you must complete the online application form and answer all questions truthfully and accurately.
4. Pay the visa fee
Once you have completed the online application form, you will need to pay the visa fee. This fee can be paid online through a credit card or bank transfer.
Once you have paid the visa fee, you can submit your application. If your application is incomplete, you may be asked to provide additional information or documents.
6. Wait for a decision
Once you have submitted your application, you will need to wait. This may take several weeks or months, depending on the complexity of your application and the current processing times.
7. Receive the Visa
If your application is successful, you will receive an electronic visa, which you can print out or store on your phone. You must present this visa when entering Australia.
8. Enter Australia
Once you have received your visa, you can enter Australia and start your journey.
The Requirements for an Australian Tourist Visa
- A valid passport or travel document
- Evidence of enough money to support your stay
- Evidence of onward travel arrangements, such as a return ticket or evidence of funds to purchase one
- A completed application form
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- Evidence that you are a genuine visitor, such as a letter of invitation from family/friends, or evidence of your business or work ties
- Evidence that you have strong ties to your home country, such as evidence of family ties, employment, or other commitments that will ensure your return home.
- Evidence that you have appropriate accommodation and welfare arrangements in place for your stay in Australia
- Payment of the visa application fee
Read Also: How to Renew an Australian Permanent Resident (PR) Visa
How to Become an Australian Permanent Resident
How to Apply for an Australian Student Visa
Australia is an excellent destination for tourists looking to experience exciting and unique adventures and cultural experiences. The Australian Tourist Visa is an excellent way for visitors to enter the country and experience all that Australia has to offer. With the many benefits of the Australia Tourist Visa, including eligibility for work and study rights, it is no wonder it is such a popular choice for international visitors. This page has all the details on how to apply for an Australian tourist visa.